Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why do you over-worry for health?

I was an officer in a Bank and had had transfers to different stations. I was posted at Jamshedpur where I stayed in a rented apartment. The apartment consisted of rooms and a verandah. I complained to landlord that ceiling of verandah was in dilapidated condition. The landlord took an iron rod and broke away the portions of ceiling, which could have fallen down.
I was living in a house and was likely to continue in it. A portion of it was broken away by landlord but I did not get any mental tension because I felt that (i) after all landlord was owner and I possessed house for use only and as such he had had full rights (ii) I was not having any sense of belongingness to that house and it was clear in my mind that apartment was temporarily with me and I had to leave same in due course (iii) I could anyhow manage with that situation as at that time there was no better choice. As a tenant or occupier of apartment what was my duty? It was to take care of property reasonably and to report any major development to landlord. Suppose I was in my own house, the situation could have been altogether different.
Now the point to ponder here is that God has given us this life. Along-with other many gifts, our body is a valuable gift. But HE is real owner and one day we have to leave this body. When we treat ourselves as owner, we get mental tension and we strive hard to worry about health. WORRY does not solve the problem. As in above parable, we as a tenant/occupier of body have responsibility to take care of body to best of our abilities and then we have to report the matter to DIVINE LANDLORD who will see what is required in the matter. Believe it, you can put efforts only but results are not in your hands. If you have health problems, take necessary steps to rectify situation but please DONOT WORRY. Worry does not solve the problem. It is not for you to decide your fate. Everything moves according to pre-ordained destiny and according to will of that DIVINE LANDLORD. To worry about your health is HIS responsibility. You simply take necessary steps and seek HIS guidance. Ultimately, we have to leave this house, as we are not owners. Then why to worry as owner of house???

1 comment:

NO Joy Compares The Joy Of Sri Krshna's Company said...

To worry about your health is HIS responsibility. You simply take necessary steps and seek HIS guidance. Ultimately, we have to leave this house, as we are not owners. Then why to worry as owner of house???
.very well said,thank u so much for sharing...this really makes difference.
such a nice view on the topic...HARE KRSHNA